Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Greek Museum and Temples

We'll start with museum since it's the less interesting of the two.

The diving man. It was on the inside of a tomb. It symbolizes a man jumping from the plateau of life into the sea entrance of the underworld.

Another tomb painting. They stay preserved because the elements can't get to them.

Hunting scene.



This was an attempt to match how the Greeks would paint their temples.


All right, enough museuming. Let's get outside.


This sign greets you as you enter the park. Good to know that should I be attacked by a ranger, the guards will swiftly waggle a finger at him.

Hera's temple.

Gah, I just realized I don't know what I'm talking about with these. I just played around in the area without reading the sings. OK, maybe the museum was more interesting in terms of comments.

I leave you with this image. The park was lovely but I'm like a five year old in places like this. Climbing around is more interesting than the history.

2 comments:

小喬 said...

wow nice blog!

Shade said...

Thank you! I'm flattered. I didn't expect others to find and read this.