Sunday, September 7, 2008

To the Future

Arrived today on the longest flight of my life. I tried to sleep but all it got me was a crick in my neck and a near falling on the people beside me. Middle seats suck. Now I have jet lag and keep waking up during the night.

There are no speed limit signs. They have "suggestions" but no one cares how fast you're going so long as you don't do something stupid like push it to 90 down a narrow, one block alleyway. Buses abuse this like crazy. They go around the corners just slow enough to make sure all the wheels stay on the ground.

Italian land lines always start with a 06 where cell phones start with a 3. Also, there’s no requirement for the amount of numbers a phone number has to have. It could be 34532 or 354659895.

Around the city of Rome are fountains from the original aqueduct system. You can drink from them whenever you like. The water is so pure. The fountains are kept neat too. It would never fly in America. There’d be cigarette butts, gum, and litter all over them.

No comments: